Electrical Test Engineer
Aperia is unlocking a new era of efficiency and sustainability for commercial vehicle fleets, by developing innovative hardware and data analytics solutions. Inventors of the award- winning and disruptive Halotm Automatic Tire Inflator, and the cloud delivered Halo Connect tire analytics platform. Aperia saves fleets thousands of hours of down-time every week, reduces the carbon footprint and environmental impact of the freight industry. Join us as we expand our product offering and take the next steps on our journey toward bringing the "backbone of our economy" into the automation age.
The role of Electrical Manufacturing/Test Engineer requires the know-how and ambition to support manufacturing needs for new products. This includes specifying, programming, and deploying equipment for the assembly and testing of our IoT products. The role is part test design, part project management, and part factory setup and sustaining.
Within the first year of work, you’ll take on many of the following responsibilities:
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes with a focus on in-line product testing. This will include interfacing with our engineering team to understand process requirements, writing process documentation, planning and executing qualification plans, overseeing the deployment and participating in continuous improvement efforts.
- Analyze production data to identify and mitigate issues. These responsibilities will take a data-science approach from merging multiple data sources (databases, spreadsheets, etc.) to draw conclusions from data you and others have collected.
- Develop and qualify assembly methods to support production line improvements.
- Working with suppliers to improve their manufacturing strategies and product quality or to reduce costs
- Aperia is a fast paced working environment and organization, we are looking for people to grow with the company and take on additional responsibilities
A well-qualified candidate will likely have a combination of these skills & experiences:
- Education and Experience:
- Education in electrical engineering, mechatronics or related discipline
- 6+ years of engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently taking on complex projects
- Functional test of Electrical and/or Electro-mechanical systems
- Experience with wireless communication, RF and Bluetooth (BLE)
- Electrical test equipment
- Comfortable with PLM software for document control
- Ability to interpret, create and review technical drawings and schematics
- Programming & Data Analysis
- 5+ years of experience in automated test equipment systems
- Experience with firmware development
- MongoDB, NoSQL, MySQL (or similar): Queries, keys, joins, etc.
An ideal qualified candidate will likely have experience related to:
- High acuity/aptitude for electrical systems and wireless/IoT devices
- Digital or Smart Factories, IoT, Industry 4.0, or related disciplines
- Writing detailed requirements documentation for equipment to be built in-house or by external partners
- Statistics and Statistical Process Control
- Design, administration of, and advanced querying of databases
Consider applying if you are ready to:
- Challenge the status quo and be a champion of change and process improvements
- Attack problems with urgency and tenacity
- Use data to advocate for your point of view when presented with technical challenges
- Turn a wrench, troubleshoot a broken air compressor, or install electrical outlets
- Broaden your engineering skills faster than you thought possible
- Primary Location (90-100% time): Hayward, CA (Operations/Manufacturing Location)
- Secondary Location (0-10% time): San Mateo, CA (Business/Engineering Office)
Pay Range: $95,000 - $115,000
*Base salary only. Salary is dependent on multiple factors including, but not limited to, experience and location.
**Additional compensation may include equity, bonuses, stipends, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and long-term disability insurance.