Sr. DevOps Engineer
Why is working in this department AMAZING!
Access to the latest tools and technologies. Ability to create new solutions for the existing processes and push them to the business. Collaboration with different teams offers a good view into the business and product as a whole rather than being focused on one area.
What does the future of this department look like? Where is this going and why do I want to come along for the ride?
We work quickly. We work on new technology and learn about new tools all the time. With a focus on security, speed and accuracy there is always something to work on. The team is growing, and we are looking to strengthen each area we focus on: cicd, monitoring, security, infrastructure.
In a nutshell, what will I do every day in this role?
Working and collaborating with different development teams in order to get the product built, tested and deployed in a smooth manner. Monitoring, adjusting and designing the CICD process while prioritizing speed and security.
Why will I love this job within the context of our pillars?
We are Builders: Create new things, improve the existing, and grow with the team every day.
We Evolve and learn every day:. Learn new skills, research and prove-out new technology & approaches, and both learn from and mentor a team of exemplary professionals.
We take Ownership with Accountability: Briq is yours – embrace the entire software development lifecycle for an application area end-to-end and have a significant impact on the value our customers receive.
We Go Fast and Win: Agile with 2 week sprints means we are constantly delivering and iterating over features and functionality with direct and insightful feedback from our users.
We encourage constructive Dialogue: Play a significant part in shaping our organization and processes. We eschew politics in favor of clear communication that prioritizes the success of our teams and our projects.
We are a Community: Get to know your colleagues from three different countries to share knowledge, stories, perspectives, and to lift each other up as we build something incredible.
We are Future Positive: The challenges we face today are opportunities to make something great or to do something better. From sharing an idea to implementing the solution, feel empowered to make an impact on the future of Briq.
Responsibilities for this role:
- Managing the infrastructure and CICD components of the company
- Working on identifying and improving the build and deployment pipelines in GitLab and Jenkins
- Quickly responding to communication channels questions and troubleshooting production related issues
- Testing new solutions and tools for reliability of our GCP environment
- Updating deployment scripts using Helm, Terraform and Kubernetes
- Securing the Google Cloud infrastructure through Security Command Center, Firewalls and internal tools to ensure a safe environment as well as working on obtaining various compliance checkmarks
- Documenting all the areas of work to ensure proper understanding and recreation of activities using JIRA and Confluence
- Creating dashboard and monitoring resources, tasks and infrastructure with SonarCloud, GCP Monitoring, Prometheus, Grafana and ELK stack
- Navigating the VM and container environments to ensure complete connectivity between all machines, containers, services and resources
- Managing database instances on PostgreSQL, MongoDB, other platforms
- Research and development of new solutions to the existing infrastructure
Qualifications for this role:
- Working experience in a DevOps role - 3+ years
- Working experience in Cloud Infrastructure - 2+ years (GCP/GKE preferred)
- Deep understanding of Git, GitLab, CICD process and Release Management
- Strong knowledge of containerization and microservice architecture
- Strong knowledge in PostgreSQL, MongoDB, BQ, Firebase, Firestore platforms
- Strong Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, CLI skills are required
- Strong knowledge of monitoring solutions: Elastic, Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus, etc.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills - including work estimation, facilitation, and consensus building skills
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Proven ability to project and meet estimated deadlines
- Self-motivated, fast learner with attention to detail and quality
- Excellent diagnostic, troubleshooting, and communication skills