Software Engineer II( Automation)
Why is working in this department AMAZING!
Working in engineering at Briq puts you squarely in the driver’s seat of building the next generation of construction financial management, planning, and intelligence software. The problems we work to solve every day are deeply complex and rewarding, both for the engineering team and our customers. Engineering at Briq also provides ample opportunities to work closely with product, UX, infrastructure, devops and other stakeholders outside of tech – there are endless ways for you to gain & refine new skills, deliver value, and make an impact.
We are builders first and foremost; We are looking for the best ideas and tools for the job at hand. As such, we are continually evaluating our stack, approaches, and process to deliver performant and scalable solutions for our clients. Working in engineering at Briq, you can expect to leverage some of the latest technologies and software design paradigms available and would be responsible for quality control on application build on:
- Vue.js frontend
- Python/Flask microservice architecture
- Java for automation
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- CI/CD with Gitlab
- Machine learning
What does the future of this department look like? Where is this going and why do I want to come along for the ride?
As an engineering team within a hyper-growth startup, we are tasked with continuously expanding both the team and the functionalities afforded to our clients by our products and services. This makes for abundant personal and professional growth opportunities within the organization. Regardless of whether you desire to hone engineering skills and deliver amazing features as an individual contributor or take on people/process focused management roles, engineering at Briq offers separate-but-equal tracks with opportunity for vertical career progression.
Given the breadth of our platform, there are a wide variety of problems to solve both today and on the roadmap. If what you are working on today falls out of favor, there is no shortage of new frontiers to conquer. We deeply believe the best solutions are put forward by happy, engaged, and healthily challenged engineers.
If being an integral part of creating a powerful & diverse platform while helping to shape and grow a rapidly expanding engineering organization sounds exciting, Briq is the place for you!
In a nutshell, what will I do every day in this role?
As an Automation Engineer, you will work on designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining different ways of connecting to third party system using API or Database automation. This person will typically work closely with a team of other engineers; explicitly with Data Engineer to ensure successful ingestion of data into Briq. You would also be responsible for building solutions for new system integration as Briq continues to expand on standard connections.
Why will I love this job within the context of our pillars?
We are Builders:Create new things, improve the existing, and grow with the team every day.
We Evolve and learn every day: Learn new skills, research and prove-out new technology & approaches, and mentor a team of exemplary professionals.
We take Ownership with Accountability: Briq is yours – embrace the entire software development lifecycle for an application area end-to-end and have a significant impact on the value our clients receive.
We Go Fast and Win: Agile with 2 week sprints means we are constantly delivering and iterating over features and functionality with direct and insightful feedback from our users.
We encourage constructive Dialogue:
Briq’s culture was designed to put an emphasis on communication and collaboration.
We never suffer in silence, as we approach struggles as opportunities to learn and
We are Future Positive:
As a Briqster in the R & D department, you always have an eye on the future of product and technical developments. You would not only be managing the automation area but also playing a significant role towards stability of ETL with efficient and stable automation for extracts.
We are a Community:
You are part of a community not just at Briq, but in the entire North American
construction industry. You know how to build relationships with colleagues, and can rely
on the teams you work with to be successful in your role.
Responsibilities for this role:
- Own, develop and maintain extraction of data using automation.
- Collaborate with the product and development teams to ensure features and fixes taken are built functionally correctly, do not cause new issues and ultimately are of high quality.
- Proactively and thoroughly communicate timely updates regarding findings in the appropriate channels and meetings.
- Monitor system performance and stability, identifying and elevating issues as appropriate.
- Contribute to and maintain relevant documentation to support development,knowledge sharing and debugging
Qualifications for this role:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering or related field is preferred
- 3+ years of experience in core Java.
- Experience with third party API integration and JDBC/ODBC connection.
- Extensive experience in SQL/NoSQL Database
- 2+ years of experience in Jenkins.
- Good to have experience in Powershell
- Experience in establishing and managing third-party connections and troubleshooting a variety of network-related issues, including whitelist management, VPN configuration, on-premises network setups, and telnet services is an added advantage for the candidate.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and stay flexible through growth and change.
- Excellent Analytical and logical programming skills with a good understanding at the conceptual level with a strong desire to achieve specified goals