Head of Impact Sales
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
ClimateAi is on a mission to climate-proof the economy while aiming for zero loss of lives, livelihoods and nature. We use AI to predict the risk of climate change, water and biodiversity. We then generate actionable insights that help stakeholders build strategies for their operations, supply chain planning, and regulatory disclosures.
We are a fast-growing Series-B company with its roots in the dorms of Stanford University. The platform was in TIME's Best Inventions list for 2022. We're seeking an innovative, passionate, team-oriented Head of Impact Partnerships to join our growing team.
Everyone at ClimateAi is driven by a united passion to tackle climate change. We don't sell to customer accounts that we see as negatively impacting climate outcomes. We believe in a culture of absolute truth and transparency, where feedback is considered an opportunity for us to contribute to each other's personal and professional growth. We recognize the value of diversity and are an equal opportunity employer.
About the Role
ClimateAi is already involved in key Climate initiatives including AIM for Climate and is regarded as a leader in the climate resilience category, but when it comes to the space/work of climate resilience, this is just the beginning.
Reporting to ClimateAi’s CEO & Co-Founder, Himanshu Gupta, this person has the opportunity to shape the future landscape of ClimateAi and the industry at large but creating a network of partnerships across global governments and non-profit organizations that will allow for ClimateAi to continue to build its reputation as a category leader and change agent. Under your guidance, ClimateAi will continue to expand across new verticals and develop additional deals and partnerships with governments and multilateral organizations in order to further the future of resiliency and help prepare for the future.
- Own and execute ClimateAI’s partnerships roadmap and strategy and collaborate with the leadership team to drive the vision forward.
- Contribute to the enhanced awareness of ClimateAI in the marketplace, e.g. through speaking engagements, client meetings, and publications.
- Remain current on industry, client, and competitive trends and directions in order to anticipate and identify new business challenges and issues in the market.
- Demonstrated success in consistently meeting/exceeding partnership targets while selling into senior health plan executives and building a strong network of partnerships.
- Proven ability in building a robust pipeline of opportunities and deal closing.
- Ability to leverage current/prior customer relationships and contacts to generate a pipeline.
- A resourceful problem-solver who is able to lead and contribute at strategic levels and tactical execution while bridge-building to foster essential partnerships up, down, and across teams, functions, and departments.
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums (visual, written, verbal).
- Evidence of creating clear, inclusive, and transparent views into progress, pivots, and tradeoffs with an iterative mindset.
- Deeply passionate about ClimateAI’s mission.
- A track record and network with governments, nonprofits, and/or multilateral partners.
- Comfortable working in a scrappier, startup environment.
- Operator. Decisive. Knows how to get things done. Is assertive enough to drive outcomes, sets goals, has clear accountability, and knows how to create buy-in at different levels to drive change. Has a vision for where the team is going and how it fits into the organization.. Creates trust by building relationships, fosters open dialogue, promotes transparency, collaborates with different teams, able to represent product work to audiences across the company.
- Investor. Cultivates a deep understanding of the business to inform how to invest the team’s time to have the most impact and make the right tradeoffs.
- CustomerObsessed. Deep understanding of client and customer needs with a passion for building products users love. Recognize that without customers there would be no business.
- Flexible. Adapt as situations evolve, and are comfortable with ambiguity and constant change.
- Big-Picture Thinking. Always exploring and evaluating new ideas and processes that make the organization better.
- Time | The Best Inventions of 2022 - Long Term Climate Proofing ClimateAi Forecasting Tool | November 2022
- Forbes | How ClimateAi is working with companies to accelerate climate resilience in mission-critical supply chains | July 2022
- Omdena | Top 22 rising US-based startups using AI for social good | June 2022
- ClimateAi Press
What we offer you
- Competitive salary.
- ClimateAi stock plan.
- Medical, dental, vision benefits.
- Learning budget per year.
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees.
- Flexible working hours on many teams.
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups.
- Work with cool people and be part of the mission to help the world.
San Francisco Bay Area, CA / North America remote.
Aligned with the best standards of the city you will be working from, commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.