Software Engineer - Frontend
United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
About Climate Ai
ClimateAi is on a mission to climate-proof the economy while aiming for zero loss of lives, livelihoods and nature. We use AI to predict the risk of climate change, water and biodiversity. We then generate actionable insights that help stakeholders build strategies for their operations, supply chain planning, and regulatory disclosures.
We are a fast-growing Series-B company with its roots in the dorms of Stanford University. The platform was in TIME's Best Inventions list for 2022. We're seeking an innovative, passionate, team-oriented Software Engineer (Frontend) to join our growing team.
About the Role:
- We are a young startup, looking for a passionate candidate who can contribute to our mission to deploy impactful solutions to the most important issue of our generation. Our focus will be on developing climate adaptation & resilience tools for various sectors, with agriculture as our initial market. We are looking for a Software Engineer familiar with frontend technologies.
- This person will be developing front end web apps on top of the ClimateAi platform. This individual should be able to work remotely and supremely self-driven, with an eye for detail, and contributions to the team through regular feedback, working with both the tech/product teams. The ideal candidate will have a deep passion for building sophisticated software systems, a devotion to engineering craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality.
- Also, the candidate will be working on shaping the vision of the company and brand Climate Tech. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working on open-ended projects, both individually as well as in a fast-paced environment. We hire people who are collaborative, adaptable, communicate well, and love to learn. Expect to give and receive constructive criticism, as we are constantly re-evaluating our hypotheses and our products.
- Collaborate with engineering, design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify needs, evaluate requirements, write specifications, and design and implement sophisticated software systems.
- Bring a proven understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and memory/performance optimization.
- Be experienced in core tech related engineering domains such as low-level systems, SDK integration and device performance characteristics.
- Have an impact across on features, performance and developer efficiency.
- Conduct regular code reviews to ensure high quality
- Scope out tasks and systems, looking for future improvements
- Strive for excellence in software craftsmanship, and collaborate with peers to improve software design.
- Grow with the business; stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains.
Desired Skill and Experience:
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- 1-2 years proven experience as a software developer.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Experience developing and contributing to production quality web applications.
- Comfortable understanding and debugging unfamiliar code in a large project.
- Proven track record collaborating with other partners to design and implement features and systems with excellent problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills – particularly the ability to discuss timelines, design concerns and provide helpful feedback to team members.
The following skills are considered strong pluses but are not required:
- Prior web development experience and/or experience in live ops situations
- Experience using rest APIs
- Experience with any backend technology
- Experience with GIT
- 3rd party SDK experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
What we offer you:
Competitive salary, ClimateAi stock plan
Medical, dental, vision benefits
Learning budget per year
Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
Flexible working hours on many teams
Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
Work with cool people and be part of the mission to help the world.
Location: Remote LATAM
Compensation: Aligned with the best standards of start-ups.
Please include the job title in the subject line. Please include any relevant links to personal web pages, LinkedIn, GitHub, or similar platforms.
See more open positions at ClimateAI
Something looks off?