Head of Data Science
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
ClimateAi is on a mission to climate-proof the economy while aiming for zero loss of lives, livelihoods and nature. We use AI to predict the risk of climate change, water and biodiversity. We then generate actionable insights that help stakeholders build strategies for their operations, supply chain planning, and regulatory disclosures.
We are a fast-growing Series-B company with its roots in the dorms of Stanford University. The platform was in TIME's Best Inventions list for 2022. We're seeking an innovative, passionate, team-oriented Head of Data Science to join our growing team.
Everyone at ClimateAi is driven by a united passion to tackle climate change. We don't sell to customer accounts that we see as negatively impacting climate outcomes. We believe in a culture of absolute truth and transparency, where feedback is considered an opportunity for us to contribute to each other's personal and professional growth. We recognize the value of diversity and are an equal opportunity employer.
We hire people who are collaborative, adaptable, communicate well, and love to learn. Expect to give and receive constructive criticism, as we are constantly seeking to push the innovation frontier while simultaneously growing as individuals and as a team.
About the role
The head of data science will be focused on three main areas. Operational Data Science management, R&D development and Data Science Communication. The operational data science management role will be continuing the development of our CMIP6 post processing pipeline and S2S forecasting system that merges statistical and dynamical models. On R&D will conduct cutting-edge applied research at the intersection of climate and data science. Finally will work closely with Product, Engineering and Solutions to communicate and translate the data science work to internal and external stakeholders. This individual should be able to work remotely and manage team leaders.
- Set roadmap and OKRs for data science team
- Conduct weekly 1 on 1 with team leads and quarterly teamwide reviews
- Communicate vision and execution details to internal and external stakeholders
- Drive innovation forward
- Review all Data Science projects and technical specs for coherence and alignment
- Experience leading a data science team
- Data Science background (Climate Science background a plus)
- Proven ability to hire and grow teams
What we offer you
- Competitive salary.
- ClimateAi stock plan.
- Medical, dental, vision benefits.
- Learning budget per year.
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees.
- Flexible working hours on many teams.
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups.
- Work with cool people and be part of the mission to help the world.
Employees may expense relevant learning, growth, and personal development.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at ClimateAI
Something looks off?