Software Engineering Internship
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
ClimateAi is on a mission to climate-proof the economy while aiming for zero loss of lives, livelihoods and nature. We use AI to predict the risk of climate change, water and biodiversity. We then generate actionable insights that help stakeholders build strategies for their operations, supply chain planning, and regulatory disclosures.
We are a fast-growing Series-B company with its roots in the dorms of Stanford University. The platform was in TIME's Best Inventions list for 2022. We're seeking an innovative, passionate, team-oriented Head of Data Science to join our growing team.
Everyone at ClimateAi is driven by a united passion to tackle climate change. We don't sell to customer accounts that we see as negatively impacting climate outcomes. We believe in a culture of absolute truth and transparency, where feedback is considered an opportunity for us to contribute to each other's personal and professional growth. We recognize the value of diversity and are an equal opportunity employer.
We hire people who are collaborative, adaptable, communicate well, and love to learn. Expect to give and receive constructive criticism, as we are constantly seeking to push the innovation frontier while simultaneously growing as individuals and as a team.
- Developing enhancements and MVPs for our Seasonal Planning Tool product.
- Collaborating with ClimateAi engineers and data scientists on a daily basis.
- Working on full-stack projects written in Python, JS/Typescript and React.
- Mentored and guided by teammates throughout your project.
- Delivering meaningful features and investigations for the overall ClimateAI ClimateLens product suite.
- Owning your deliverables and gaining valuable experience in the complete software development lifecycle.
- Be comfortable working with a close team in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicating between climate scientists and software engineers will be crucial.
- Expect to give and receive constructive criticism as we foster a highly dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative work environment focused on rapid learning and adaptation.
- BS/MS in computer science, applied math, physics or environmental science.
- Demonstrated strong coding skills.
- Work will be remote. Any location within a US/European time zone is possible.
- Experience working in Python on the backend and React JS on the frontend.
- Familiarity with environmental or geographical data.
- Experience with Git, cloud providers like GCP, AWS.
- Passion for working on tackling issues at the cutting edge of climate change adaptation and resilience.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary.
- ClimateAi stock plan.
- Medical, dental, vision benefits.
- Learning budget per year.
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees.
- Flexible working hours on many teams.
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups.
- Work with cool people and be part of the mission to help the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at ClimateAI
Something looks off?