Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico · Remote · San Francisco, CA, USA · New York, NY, USA · Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico · Querétaro, Mexico · Mexico
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2023
ClimateAi is on a mission to climate-proof the economy while aiming for zero loss of lives, livelihoods and nature. We use AI to predict the risk of climate change, water and biodiversity. We then generate actionable insights that help stakeholders build strategies for their operations, supply chain planning, and regulatory disclosures.
We are a fast-growing Series-B company with its roots in the dorms of Stanford University. The platform was in TIME's Best Inventions list for 2022. We're seeking an innovative, passionate, team-oriented Customer Success Meteorologist to join our growing team.
Everyone at ClimateAi is driven by a united passion to tackle climate change. We don't sell to customer accounts that we see as negatively impacting climate outcomes. We believe in a culture of absolute truth and transparency, where feedback is considered an opportunity for us to contribute to each other's personal and professional growth. We recognize the value of diversity and are an equal opportunity employer.
- Advise customers on day-to-day interpretation and usage of our ClimateLensTM platform and associated forecasts
- Prepare custom forecast insights to support customers on key decisions (e.g. seasonal outlooks, El Nino/La Nina events, etc.)
- Own and deliver “hindcasting” reports that build confidence in our forecast
- Collaborate with our Data and Climate Science team on strategies to improve model performance
- Collaborate with our Product and Engineering teams to improve model interpretability by our customers
- Create and circulate marketing collateral on topical items within weather and climate
- Strong background in meteorological topics, inclusive of a Masters level educational background on the topic
- Experience in applying meteorological knowledge to business problems, as evidenced by 2+ years experience in industry
- Strong communication skills - able to communicate complex, technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Customer-obsessed orientation - strong desire to ensure customer satisfaction and success
- Quantitative and analytical - able to transform data-driven insights into clear customer ROI
- Additional background in climate science, data science, and/or data visualization is a plus
- Most importantly, a passion for climate change solutions
What we offer you
- Work with cool people and be part of the mission to help the world
- Competitive compensation + equity
- Flexible working accommodations
- Health Insurance
- Professional Growth Fund
- Unlimited Vacation (that people are required to take)
San Francisco Bay Area, CA | New York City / US remote.
Queretaro | Monterrey/ Mexico remote.
Aligned with the best standards of the city you will be working from, commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.