Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Software Engineering, IT
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2023
ClimateAI is a fast-growing Series-B technology startup with its roots in Stanford University. Our mission is to climate-proof the economy while aiming for zero loss of lives, livelihoods, and nature. Leveraging the power of artificial intelligence, we predict the risk of climate change, water scarcity, and biodiversity loss, providing actionable insights to help stakeholders build strategies for their operations, supply chain planning, and regulatory disclosures. We are committed to making a positive impact on the world by tackling climate change head-on and promoting a culture of diversity, inclusion, truth, and transparency.
About the Role
We are looking for a mission-driven Chief Technology Officer to join our passionate team and drive the technical vision and strategy at ClimateAI in our next phase of growth. As the CTO, you will play a crucial role in shaping the development of our AI-driven products and services, ensuring they remain at the cutting edge of technology. The successful candidate will bring a strong strategic mindset and has a proven track record of success in a fast-paced environment, ideally in a B2B context.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Technical Officer will be a key member of the executive team with a high degree of visibility and impact across the organization.
- Define and communicate a compelling technical vision and roadmap aligned with ClimateAI's mission and business objectives
- Lead, mentor, uplevel, and grow a cross-functional team of data scientists, climate scientists, data engineers, and software engineers, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning
- Provide strategic guidance to the product development process, leveraging the latest SOTA technologies to create impactful solutions
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in AI, machine learning, and climate science, identifying opportunities to integrate cutting-edge technologies into our products
- Bring maturity to the tech organization from a process and people standpoint while balancing technical and product innovation
- Uplevel and grow team members
- 15+ years of relevant experience with at least 5+ years of experience as a manager
- Prior experience launching and scaling technical products in an early-stage or growth-stage startup environment, ideally in a B2B context
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, capable of adapting style to different audiences and stakeholders, both internally and externally representing the company in front of customers and potential investors
- Ability to attract and nurture top engineering and AI talent
- Passion for working to help address the issue of climate change
- Resilient and able to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with a sense of urgency and bias for action
- Ability to drive technical direction and execution through teams and enable others
- Strong cross-functional relationship builder
- Ability to make quick decisions and generate buy-in from leadership team members
- Seamlessly prioritize multiple stakeholders and projects with limited resources and information
- Problem solver with a hands-on approach and the ability to anticipate adverse scenarios with thoughtful solutions to address them
What we offer you
- Competitive salary, ClimateAi stock plan
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
- Learning budget per year
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and be part of the mission to help the world
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA / Hybrid
Added Benefits: Employees may expense relevant learning, growth, and personal development costs.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.