Head of Finance
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Monday, August 7, 2023
ClimateAi is on a mission to climate-proof the economy while aiming for zero loss of lives and livelihoods. We use AI to predict the risks of climate change to physical assets, water resources, and biodiversity. Then we generate actionable insights that help stakeholders build strategies for their operations, supply chain planning and regulatory disclosures. We are a fast growing Series-B company that has its roots in the dorms of Stanford University.
Everyone at ClimateAi is driven by a united passion to tackle climate change. We believe in a culture of absolute truth and transparency, where feedback is considered an opportunity for us to contribute to each other's personal and professional growth. We recognize the value of diversity and are an equal opportunity employer.
We hire people who are collaborative, adaptable, communicate well, and love to learn. Expect to give and receive constructive criticism, as we are constantly seeking to push the innovation frontier while simultaneously growing as individuals and as a team.
About the role
We’re looking for a smart, passionate, team-oriented Head of Finance to support the growth of our business. This role would report to the Vice President of Operations & Strategy, but maintain a direct 1:1 relationship with the CEO. Everyone at ClimateAi is driven by a united passion to tackle climate change. We don’t sell to customer accounts that we see as negatively impacting climate outcomes. We believe in a culture of absolute trust and transparency, where feedback is considered an opportunity for us to contribute to each other’s personal and professional growth. We recognize the value of diversity and are an equal opportunity employer.
- Lead and grow the Finance function, from both a strategic and operational perspective
- Provide the financial lens on strategic decisions by determining the appropriate SaaS metrics, evaluating our performance vs. appropriate benchmarks, leading scenario creation, etc.
- Own FP&A: revenue/profit forecasting and input to the lead-team of the financial impact and sensitivities of strategic decisions
- Participate and present in Leadership Team meetings and Board meetings, serving as a critical voice in the direction of the company
- Support the creation of the company Operating Plan, in partnership with the VP of Operations & Strategy, Leadership Team Members, and the CEOSupport fundraising efforts, as required
- Own internal controls (in partnership with external accounting/controls function), monthly reporting of financial statements (BS, P&L, SoCF), tax/audit compliance, and P&L reconciliation of forecast vs. budget
- Manage 1 seasoned Finance employee to cover operational finance topics, including AP, AR, and expense management, with potential additional headcount depending on final scope. This employee is fully onboarded with day-to-day management
- Create tools and insights (in partnership with your team) to empower leaders to make sound financial decisions and business case assessments
- Grow with us. The ideal candidate will show the ambition and aptitude to grow into our Chief Financial Officer
- Experience as a leader or senior contributor in a SaaS start-up that has scaled from Series B stage to later rounds
- Demonstrated ability to think and communicate strategically to an executive audience
- Direct operational experience - though you do have a team to manage the day-to-day, we expect everyone at ClimateAi to “roll up their sleeves” when needed
- Experience supporting fundraising rounds in a SaaS / post-Series B context from either an operating or investing perspective
- Comfort with ambiguity - take problems without a clear answer and define an answer using practical assumptions and defensible logic
- Experience in VC, PE, or Investment Banking is a plus
- Management and hiring experience is a plus
- Most importantly, a passion for climate change solutions
What we offer you
- Competitive compensation + equity
- Flexible working accommodations
- Health Insurance401K
- Professional Growth Fund
- Unlimited Vacation (that people are required to take)
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA; NYC, NY / Hybrid
Added Benefits: Employees may expense relevant learning, growth, and personal development costs.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.