Customer Service Representative
Common Energy is revolutionizing the energy sector. Our platform enables homeowners and businesses to connect their utility account to new clean energy community solar projects, dramatically lower carbon emissions, and save on their electricity. There is no on-site installation and signing up is free and only takes two minutes. As such, we are a key part of the solution to mitigate global climate change. Common Energy’s board and advisors include executives from Facebook, Google, and President Obama’s cabinet.
In this role, your goal will be to provide a world class experience for our current and prospective customers by answering their questions, communicating the financial and environmental benefits of the program, and encouraging them to join local community solar projects.
- Becoming an expert in community solar
- Create great outcomes for our customers by answering questions through phone and email communications
- Explain Common Energy’s mission and free clean energy program to interested prospects
- Resolve customer issues and advocate customers' concerns to internal departments
- Provide customers regular updates in regards to their service and billing
- Support your colleagues and team to maintain our positive, friendly, and professional, culture
- Maintain our A+ Better Business Bureau rating and obtain and post positive reviews on multiple platforms, e.g., Facebook, Google, etc.
- Maintain our existing high standards for customer service, and suggest improvements to internal processes as needed
- Contribute to a positive, fun work environment!
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or 2-3 years in relatable customer service roles
- Experience speaking to customers over the phone preferably in a call center setting
- Experience in direct customer sales
- Google Drive, Excel, and Salesforce experience a plus
- You are passionate about problem solving and the potential to develop innovative solutions that enable quality and scale
- You have outstanding relationship building skills and ability to quickly establish trust
- You are driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and have a “can do” attitude
- You want to work for a company with a high impact mission, and on problems that make the world a better place
- You thrive in a startup environment – you welcome change, and the opportunity to lead a team through ambiguous situations to deliver tangible results
- You have permanent authorization to work for any employer in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Salary $45,000
- Bonus compensation: Target $5,000+; based on performance
- Equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and HSA eligible plans
- Generous paid time off
- Attractive 401(k) plan
- Daily In-office lunches
- Learn and work with the best: Our team includes experts across the energy sector!
- One mission, one team, no politics.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.