Climate Impact Community Organizer - Southern Illinois
Common Energy is revolutionizing the energy sector. Our platform enables homeowners and businesses to connect their utility account to new clean energy community solar projects, dramatically lower carbon emissions, and lowering the cost of electricity. There is no on-site installation and signing up is free and only takes two minutes. We are a key part of the solution to mitigate global climate change.
We are seeking a Climate Impact Community Organizer to join our team in a consultant capacity. The Community Organizer will work to advance Common Energy’s reach and impact by identifying and enrolling customers throughout Southern Illinois. A successful candidate will develop relationships with prospective customers to identify subscribers for community solar projects and lower carbon emissions and customer’s electric bills. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of community solar and solar energy more broadly. The Community Organizer will develop relationships with a wide variety of customers, learn about exciting technology and products, and grow their career in customer acquisition.
The Climate Impact Community Organizer will report to the Managing Director, Community Engagement, working closely with other members of our front-end sales team. This is a full-time consulting engagement starting as soon as possible and through September 2023, with the possibility of an extension based on project needs. This role's activities will be based in southern Illinois (Peoria, Galesburg, Alton, etc.) with presence at local events needed.
Identify subscribers for community solar projects through local community engagement (events, media relations, workshops, etc) for multiple local projects in southern Illinois
- Support customer enrollment in close collaboration with Common Energy's Sales and Customer Service teams
- Participate in progress reviews
- Meet or exceed assigned annual enrollment targets
- Must be based in southern Illinois and willing to travel across the state
- 3+ years customer acquisition and/or community engagement experience
- Capable of engaging local leaders, organizing and participating in local events designed to promote community solar and the specific solar projects
- A true influencer ready to educate IL residents about community solar and get them ready to enroll in their local projects
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven track record of sales and negotiation success
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with clients
- Strong interest in business strategy, energy efficiency, and sustainability
Common Energy is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Common Energy welcomes applicants from all walks of life. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To be considered, please submit a resume and a cover letter that describes why you believe you would be a great candidate for Common Energy and this role.
Compensation and Other Good Stuff
- Attractive compensation
- Learn and work with the best: Our tight-knit team includes experts across the energy sector!
- One team, good people, no politics
- This is a term position - 6 months contract duration with option to extend based on project needs