Sales Operations Specialist - Intern
Common Energy is revolutionizing the energy sector. Our platform enables businesses and homeowners to support new clean energy projects, lower carbon emissions, and save on their electricity with their existing utility account. There is no on-site installation and signing up only takes two minutes. As such, we are a key part of the solution to mitigate global climate change.
Common Energy is backed by one of the country’s leading climate funds and its board and advisors include former executives from Facebook, Google and President Obama’s cabinet.
We are seeking a Sales Operations Specialist - Intern to bring positivity and professionalism to Common Energy’s Sales team.
As Common Energy’s Sales Operations Specialist - Intern, you will be responsible for supporting our sales leadership team with operational tasks to help the sales team and our external perform. This role is crucial for ensuring we maintain strong relationships with our sales channel partners and provide them the tools they need to be as effective as possible in acquiring customers for community solar projects across he nation. This role is a part of the NYSERDA Clean Energy Internship Program and has a duration of 12 weeks.
- Partner with the Director of Sales Operations to help Common Energy’s internal and external sales partners reach their goals.
- Ensure all new sales partners have a great on-boarding experience by supporting communications, managing agreement templates, managing onboarding steps and documents, and delivering training requirements.
- Assist with tracking and reporting on sales data on a regular basis.
- Monitor the Questions inbox used by outside sales reps (clarifying policy and capacity information, answering questions on commission status etc.).
- Prepare sales commissions reports.
- Coordinate sales-related activities with others Common Energy internal departments relating to order processing, channel compensation, customer escalations, marketing campaigns.
- Manage library of sales resources (training programs, marketing material, etc.), including working with Common Energy Communications Manager on updates as needed.
- Assist the Director of Sales Operations with key support tasks, e.g., scheduling, data entry, etc.
- Contribute to a positive, fun work environment!