Director, Training and Medical Education
The Director of Professional and Medical Education is responsible for clinical and technical training that
contributes to building the skills, knowledge and competencies of the field sales force as well as ensuring that
personnel at partner institutions are educated regarding sepsis and the use of the IntelliSep test. This position will
report directly to the Executive Vice President, Commercial Strategy.
● Develop and deliver in-house and field sales training programs for sales people, for purposes of initial as
well as ongoing training and skill building.
● Manage the onboarding of new Cytovale field personnel. Ensure all pre-training and initial training
content, sales collateral and demo equipment are sent to each new team member in a timely manner.
● Manage sales and product certification for new members of the sales force as needed.
● Manage coordination of training programs including faculty, facility, equipment, personnel, and collateral.
● Update and improve course structure, program content and mode of training based on feedback.
● Work with sales management to develop programs to address key skills gaps amongst the salesforce.
● Manage team follow-up and learning sessions and translate recommendations into training.
● Work with sales and marketing management to design and prepare sales training materials for new
● Align training programs to brand strategy and compliance policies.
● Develop and deliver ongoing course content for broad Cytovale staff education, related to the disease
state (sepsis), the science behind Cytovale technology, the Cytovale product and the Cytovale approach.
● Foster a learning environment that focuses on adult learning principles and ensures ongoing development
● Lead programs for continuous learning and engagement for the salesforce.
● Collaborate with sales leadership on the planning of regular regional or national sales training events.
● Train consultants, distributors or other commercial partners as needed.
● Ride along with sales team to convey best practices as needed.
● Devise strategies for engaging healthcare providers to expand understanding of the needs related to
sepsis diagnosis and treatment. Design and deliver course content for staff/nursing in-service programs in
conjunction with sales team.
● Work with professional organizations, medical training programs and CME/CNE providers to develop
training programs targeted at nursing and physician audiences.
● Develop programs for continuous learning directed at medical professionals at partner facilities. Work
with leaders within partner institutions and internal partners as necessary to implement these programs.
● Uncover opportunities to raise awareness of limitations of current sepsis screening protocols and work
with internal and external partners to develop programs to address these.
● Create targeted education programs for partners in the Emergency Department, Critical Care, Quality,
Hospital Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Laboratory Medicine and other departments.
● Create education for economic impact of sepsis and IntelliSep targeted toward key hospital
● Partner with medical affairs, marketing and sales in the creation of appropriate educational materials and
programs related to key publications, policies and other events.
● Other responsibilities as assigned by manager.
● Demonstrated track record of performance leading training teams
● Ability to establish credibility cross-functionally and with the executive level and key externals
● Communicate effectively orally and in written form with management, sales, marketing, medical affairs,
medical professionals and other internal and external customers
● Experience driving cultural change and promoting high functioning cross-functional teams
● Thoughtful, analytical and intellectually curious
● Bachelor’s Degree
● Minimum 5 years training and education experience in the medical products industry
● Proficiency with common business software (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Google suite).
● Medical product/equipment experience in small and larger companies
● Diagnostics industry experience
● Consultative problem-solving skills
● Competitive and commensurate with experience