Senior Technical Program Manager
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2022
At Dexterity, we believe robots can positively transform the world. Our breakthrough technology frees people to do the creative, inspiring, problem-solving jobs that humans do best by enabling robots to handle repetitive and physically difficult work.
We’re starting with warehouse automation, where the need for smarter, more resilient supply chains impacts millions of lives and businesses around the world. Dexterity's full-stack robotics systems pick, move, pack, and collaborate with human-like skill, awareness, and learning capabilities. Our systems are software-driven, hardware-agnostic, and have already picked over 15 million goods in production. And did we mention we’re customer-obsessed? Every decision, large and small, is driven by one question – how can we empower our customers with robots to do more than they thought was possible?
Dexterity is one of the fastest growing companies in robotics, backed by world-class investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Obvious Ventures. We’re a diverse and multidisciplinary team with a culture built on passion, trust, and dedication. Come join Dexterity and help make intelligent robots a reality!
As the Engineering Technical Program Manager at Dexterity, you will lead the hardware product development, and guide cross-functional engineering teams and suppliers to meet design and schedule goals. You will be leading the design, development, integration, and manufacturing of complex hardware subsystems and modules. In order to thrive in this role you will have to create development plans, lead the cross-functional team through developmental design phases: proof-of-concept feasibility, architecture, verification & validation, and scalability.
Day to Day Activities:
- Establish and manage program feature baseline, scheduling, budget, critical paths, and technology risk areas for execution from concept stage towards mass production.
- Support product definition and drive closure of architecture and technical opens in early stages of a project.
- Identify and highlight technical risk areas and mitigation strategies in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Drive drawing releases and tooling kickoff with the Engineering team and the vendors to meet aggressive schedules.
- Plan and execute prototype builds, material planning, directing vendor/CM operations and cross functional teams.
- Lead cross-functional communication between project teams and external vendors.
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to understand key design changes requiring validation to accurately integrate engineering validation needs.
- Engineering degree in Mechanical/Electrical.
- Experience in hardware engineering and/or program management.
- Proven ability to effectively manage build events and vendors/CMs.
- Knowledge and understanding of product development processes.
- Technical knowledge and knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Experience leading engineering teams.
- Travel - up to 25%
Base pay is one element of our Total Rewards package which may also include comprehensive benefits and equity etc., depending on eligibility. The annual base salary range for this position is from $150,000 to $190,000. The actual base pay offered will be determined on factors such as years of relevant experience, skills, education etc. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.