Senior Facilities Manager
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2022
At Dexterity, we believe robots can positively transform the world. Our breakthrough technology frees people to do the creative, inspiring, problem-solving jobs that humans do best by enabling robots to handle repetitive and physically difficult work.
We’re starting with warehouse automation, where the need for smarter, more resilient supply chains impacts millions of lives and businesses around the world. Dexterity's full-stack robotics systems pick, move, pack, and collaborate with human-like skill, awareness, and learning capabilities. Our systems are software-driven, hardware-agnostic, and have already picked over 15 million goods in production. And did we mention we’re customer-obsessed? Every decision, large and small, is driven by one question – how can we empower our customers with robots to do more than they thought was possible?
Dexterity is one of the fastest growing companies in robotics, backed by world-class investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Obvious Ventures. We’re a diverse and multidisciplinary team with a culture built on passion, trust, and dedication. Come join Dexterity and help make intelligent robots a reality!
As our Senior Facility Manager, you will oversee and maintain Dexterity’s grounds, buildings and equipment to ensure that a workspace is safe and functional. Daily duties include negotiating contracts with service providers, inspecting facilities to meet safety regulations and coordinating renovations and updates. You will lead a team of maintenance techs.
Day to Day Activities
- Manage a small maintenance team
- Support Deployment team
- Delegating cleaning and maintenance tasks to team members
- Monitoring the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas, such as offices, conference rooms, parking lots and outdoor recreation spaces
- Performing routine maintenance on facilities and making repairs as needed
- Scheduling routine inspections and emergency repairs with outside vendors
- Ensuring proper security measures for the workplace, including collaborating with security system vendors or a team of security professionals
- Maintaining day-to-day operations of facilities, such as delegating or completing maintenance orders
- Creating reports on maintenance, repairs, safety and other occurrences for supervisors and other relevant staff
- Preparing facilities for changing weather conditions
- Collaborating with building owners and upper management on budgeting for facilities needs
- Ensure construction projects comply with all safety and building regulations
- Manage outside contractors
- Advanced mechanical skills and knowledge of plumbing, HVAC and other building systems
- Proficiency with repair tools and techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to speak with all levels of employees, guests, vendors and team members
- Great time management, organization and prioritization abilities
- Keen attention to detail and efficient problem-solving skills
- Team player and a “can-do” attitude
- Problem solver and initiator
- Willingness to take on projects and tasks outside daily responsibilities
- Ability to work and adapt in a rapidly changing environment that requires you to take on more responsibilities
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- Great physical stamina and manual dexterity
- Must be physically able to perform heavy manual labor up to 40 lbs or more
- Operating Machinery: Forklift, dolly, carts,
- Prolonged sitting and heavy lifting, including sitting in front of a computer
- Loud noisy work environment with temperature change due to seasons
Base pay is one element of our Total Rewards package which may also include comprehensive benefits and equity etc., depending on eligibility. The annual base salary range for this position is from $120,000 to $180,000. The actual base pay offered will be determined on factors such as years of relevant experience, skills, education etc. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.