Senior Technical Manager, New Product Introduction
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 4, 2023
Title: Senior Technical Manager, NPI
Hiring Manager: Senior Director, NPI
As the Senior Technical Manager, NPI you will be responsible for leading all technical and quality topics related to in house NPI builds and transitioning/handing over sub-assembly and testing to CM and Suppliers for higher volumes in a very fast paced and complex environment. You will work closely with various stakeholders including hardware design teams, Dex supply chain and operations teams, CM capabilities, and lead assembly teams in house at Dex to resolve all technical and quality issues, implement DFX, help localize supply chain to Asia suppliers and cost targets. You will be a key leader in achieving scale with our CMs and enable them to make our hardware with good technical and quality.
We’re starting with warehouse automation, where the need for smarter, more resilient supply chains impacts millions of lives and businesses around the world. Dexterity's full-stack robotics systems pick, move, pack, and collaborate with human-like skill, awareness, and learning capabilities. Our systems are software-driven, hardware-agnostic, and have already picked over 15 million goods in production. And did we mention we’re customer-obsessed? Every decision, large and small, is driven by one question – how can we empower our customers with robots to do more than they thought was possible?
Dexterity is one of the fastest growing companies in robotics, backed by world-class investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Obvious Ventures. We’re a diverse and multidisciplinary team with a culture built on passion, trust, and dedication. Come join Dexterity and help make intelligent robots a reality!
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
● Lead all technical and quality topics related to NPI builds of Dexterity’s current and new systems working closely with all key stakeholders at Dexterity
● Work with Dex hardware design engineering and supply chain teams to transition the prototype BOM to production BOM
● Hands on experience in PLM systems Arena, Netsuite, and solidworks PDM systems
● Work closely in partnership with robot, drivetrain, robot controllers, safety manufacturers to customize their hardware to achieve technical and quality requirements for Dexterity real time control and system requirements across our Dexterity product portfolio
● Identify, evaluate and localize off the shelf (COTS) sub-systems in Asia (initial prototype builds happen in Redwood city with USA COTS parts)
● Participate in CM technical and quality readiness for Dexterity hardware from initial builds to volume production working with Dex Asia/Taiwan teams
● Lead Kaizen activities throughout the value chain: from suppliers to CM to Dex manufacturing to customer installations
● Participate in target costs achievement of Hardware working closely with all key stakeholders (engineering, CMs, customers)
● Participate in 2nd sources in low-cost regions working closely with key stakeholders
● BS/MS in Mechanical, Mechatronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline
● 10+ year experience in NPI technical leadership role in a very fast paced high tech environment
● Proven track record of managing BOMs in Arena, working cross functionally with engineering, CMs, and operations teams
● Excellent negotiation skills and deep understanding of hardware cost drivers
● Expertise in robotic automation systems preferred
● Travel: Up to 25%
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.