Accounting & Finance
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
○ Oversee full cycle of payroll processing for all US employees, including hourly and salaried employees.
○ Audit and review hourly time sheets and system uploads.
○ Responsible for the timely preparation and calculation of any off-cycle processing in all regions, i.e., termination pay, special bonuses, transition allowances, etc.
○ Ensure all payroll related tax and statutory filings are compliant with payroll tax reporting and withholding responsibilities for all jurisdictions with US.
○ Assist with applications of new state income tax withholding and unemployment insurance accounts.
○ Work closely with ADP, ensuring they meet performance and compliance standards, and maintain positive relationships to support ongoing collaboration.
○ Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement payroll process improvements and best practices, to drive excellence and eliminate errors.
○ Maintain appropriate internal control requirements and narratives, including maintenance of documentations for payroll related processes and providing recommendation, as appropriate
○ Serve as ADP information resource for employees and assist and troubleshoot issues encountered in the time management system. Ensure employee inquiries are promptly resolved.
● Month End Close
○ Assist with monthly flash reporting
○ Prepare monthly journal entries: payroll-related and cash related
○ P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis
○ Balance Sheet account reconciliation
○ Daily cash monitoring and weekly bank reconciliation.
● Special Projects as needed
○ Lead payroll-related special projects, including payroll system implementations, process improvements and integration
○ Develop and implement standard operating procedures, policies, and guidelines to ensure consistency and efficiency of payroll operations.
○ Assist in year-end audit preparation, perform special projects and ad hoc projects as assigned.
○ Coordinate and lead payroll-related special projects, including payroll system implementations, process improvements and integration
Desire Skills & Qualifications:
Basic understanding of accounting, knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), including GL journal entries and accruals
Ability to work cross functionally in a fast paced and changing environment.
Well organized, strong analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
Demonstrates strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with commitment to providing outstanding customer service to coworkers and vendors.
Ability to meet business critical deadlines - strong time management and organizational skills.
Accountability: Foster trust and build mutually respectful relationships internal/external by speaking and acting with integrity and following through on commitments.
Teamwork and Camaraderie: Foster a collaborative environment by sharing ideas, recognizing strengths, skills, other individual’s perspectives and celebrating team and department wins.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.