Assembly Technician II
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 12, 2021
As an Assembly Technician II you will build, install, test and maintain our robotic equipment. Everyday you will make repairs to robots such as replacing defective circuit boards, sensors, controllers and encoders.
At Dexterity, we believe robots can positively transform the world. Our breakthrough technology frees people to do the creative, inspiring, problem-solving jobs that humans do best by enabling robots to handle repetitive and physically difficult work.
We’re starting with warehouse automation, where the need for smarter, more resilient supply chains impacts millions of lives and businesses around the world. Dexterity's full-stack robotics systems pick, move, pack, and collaborate with human-like skill, awareness, and learning capabilities. Our systems are software-driven, hardware-agnostic, and have already picked over 15 million goods in production. And did we mention we’re customer-obsessed? Every decision, large and small, is driven by one question – how can we empower our customers with robots to do more than they thought was possible?
Dexterity is one of the fastest growing companies in robotics, backed by world-class investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Obvious Ventures. We’re a diverse and multidisciplinary team with a culture built on passion, trust, and dedication. Come join Dexterity and help make intelligent robots a reality!
Day to Day Activities
- Mechanical assembly using basic hand tools and power tools
- Fastening parts together with bolts, screws, rivets, or other fasteners using hand, air, and power tools
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, specifications, and parts lists
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies
- Performs step-by-step instructions for quality assurance
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Positioning parts according to blue prints
- Mechanical assembly skills are required
- Attention to detail and focus on quality
- Ability to effectively take direction and implement changes quickly
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions
- Hand tool experience required
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Willing to travel for 2-4 weeks deployments
- Degree in a mechanical engineering or related field is preferred
Equipment / Tools Qualifications
- Powered hand tools (drill, hammer drill, angle grinder)
- Skill with electrical hand tools (crimpers etc)
- Forklift certification a plus
Physical and Work Requirements
- Stand or walk for the majority of a workday
- Speak and hear to give and receive detailed information through verbal communication in person or using the telephone; exchange ideas and convey detailed information accurately to co-workers, supervisors, vendors and others inside and outside the company.
- Apply physical mobility (reaching, bending, climbing, crawling, kneeling, arm and leg extension) to perform all assembly production activities.
- Possess extensive arm and hand mobility, dexterity and strength to lift, hold, reach, carry, push and pull parts. Also able to move parts, tools, equipment and materials in and out of vehicles.
- Lift 40 pounds regularly; occasionally lift up to 75 pounds with assistance.
- See and judge distances and space relationships to successfully complete detailed activities to fine tolerances, including reading written plans and other documents.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.