Supply Chain Manager - Operations
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 12, 2021
Title: Supply Chain Manager, Operations
Based in Redwood City, California
Hiring Manager: Supply Chain team
As the supply chain manager, you will be responsible for identifying and working directly with current & future Dexterity supply chain & contract manufacturing (CM) partners worldwide in a fast paced and complex environment. In this role, you will be an individual contributor, partnering with various stakeholders including Dexterity engineering, in-house assembly, and field operations teams to maintain tight delivery timelines and cost targets. You will be key in achieving scale with our suppliers and CMs and enable them to make our robot systems and other hardware at target costs, tight delivery timelines and quality/performance.
Dexterity is starting with warehouse automation, where the need for smarter, more resilient supply chains impacts millions of lives and businesses around the world. Dexterity's full-stack robotics systems pick, move, pack, and collaborate with human-like skill, awareness, and learning capabilities. Our systems are software-driven, hardware-agnostic, and have already picked over 15 million goods in production. And did we mention we’re customer-obsessed? Every decision, large and small, is driven by one question – how can we empower our customers with robots to do more than they thought was possible?
Dexterity is one of the fastest growing companies in robotics, backed by world-class investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Obvious Ventures. We’re a diverse and multidisciplinary team with a culture built on passion, trust, and dedication. Come join Dexterity and help make intelligent robots a reality!
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
Work hands on to build, manage and sustain a global robotics supply chain and procurement systems in a new and transformative field
Ensure that parts are always available to support production both in house and at CM and suppliers
Participate in tier 2 suppliers and value chains for Dexterity supply chains
Project manage key supply chain projects, partnering closely with all key stakeholders (engineering, NPI, manufacturing ops)
Co-lead MRP, PLM, costed BOM, inventory management systems and spares strategy implementation at Dexterity
Daily focus on production and spare parts tracking, availability and forecasting during the ramp
Be the keeper of costed BOMs and cost roadmaps working closely with all key stakeholders (Dexterity engineering, operations, CMs)
● 10+ years experience in supply chain and operations role in high tech environments with complex hardware and software
● Excellent project management skills, ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight timelines
● Excellent analytical skills. Proficient with complex Excel data analysis
● Experience with MRP (like Netsuite, Oracle), PLM (Arena, Agile), Costed BOMs, inventory management required
● Experience in mechatronics and electrical commodities is preferred
● Proven track record of managing tight timelines, working cross functionally with engineering, CMs, and operations teams
● Excellent negotiation skills and deep understanding of hardware cost drivers
● BS/MS in Mechanical, Mechatronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline preferred
● MBA preferred
● Travel: Up to 20%
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.