Senior Rust Developer
Energy Web Foundation
At Energy Web (EW) we believe that public, open digital infrastructure is as integral as physical infrastructure for the secure, reliable operation of a highly decarbonized and distributed energy system.
If you passionate about achieving a decarbonized, democratized, decentralized energy future and want to play a critical role in building an open-source technology to make it possible, then apply today.
We are seeking a Senior Rust Developer to join, mentor our growing team and contribute to the Energy Web ParaChain.
The ideal candidate should be highly experienced in Rust, and focusing on writing high performance and high-security code such as but not limited to:
- Experience with Rust (or other systems programming languages), particularly writing high-performance high-security code.
- You have a keen interest and/or direct experience with blockchain, decentralised technology and Web 3.0 technologies, especially Ethereum, smart contracts and/or Polkadot/Substrate.
As a member of the core engineering team, you will be working on distributed ledger technology implemented in Rust, all the way up and down the stack from the P2P layer to consensus algorithms, smart contract systems, proof of stake incentive mechanisms, privacy enhancing cryptographic components and on-chain governance procedures.
- Working with the Product Owner and Solution Architect to deliver the EWT staking implementation in support of decentralised service level agreements.
- Mentoring and coaching our team of developers on Rust.
- Produce technical specifications of distributed ledger protocols or protocol upgrades in coordination with other team members
- Evaluate algorithmic complexity, incentive compatibility, and implementation difficulty of possible new protocols
- Implement protocols in performant and cleanly abstracted Rust code
- Comprehensively document and test protocols and protocol changes
- Benchmark implementations and adjust both high-level architecture and low-level details in order to optimise for performance while retaining semantic correctness
You are a strong candidate if:
- You have prior experience with systems programming and working with Rust.
- Deep familiarity with Rust abstractions, memory management and concurrency.
- Comfortable working in an agile setting like SCRUM, Kanban, XP.
- Self-motivated and organised.
- Interested in open-source technology and research applied to DLTConduct code reviews in coordination with other team members and help maintain a high standard of quality across the codebase.
- English language is a must, but additional language skills are a bonus.
- Previous experience with large scale distributed systems.
- Past experience with network and systems engineering
- Knowledge of database design and optimisation
- Developing within a blockchain environment
- Prior experience in implementing cryptography
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Working with cutting-edge tech stack, especially decentralized technologies (EWC and Utility Layer)
- Remote and flexible work environment where our teams enjoy a high degree of freedom to help us achieve our vision. Ideally based in Berlin / Germany CET.
- Hubs in Berlin, Zug and Colorado as well as remote friendly working environment
- Development opportunities because we value your initiative and learning goals
For more information, visit energyweb.org.
Energy Web is a global organization dedicated to building a greener, more-inclusive, and democratized energy system. As an organization, the breadth and depth of our experience across multiple sectors and countries makes us unique. As individuals, we similarly strive for diversity in our roles and we all benefit from having a deep understanding of the broader context in which our work takes place. Accordingly, diversity of thought, experience, ideas, and culture is crucial to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, particularly women and people of color. To attract and retain the talent we need, we foster a strong culture of mutual respect, collaboration, and open communication. All employment decisions are made based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Energy Web does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.