Nature Investment Associate / Senior Associate
What you’ll do:
The Nature Investment Associate / Senior Associate will support Ethic’s Nature Investing team in sourcing, evaluating, structuring, and actively managing a range of nature restoration and regeneration projects. The candidate will accelerate the pace and depth of our project evaluations while helping the team drive towards better organization and greater efficiency. Working with us, you’ll…
- Evaluate projects for investability, with a focus on financial model viability and financial, political, and counterparty risk assessments
- Coordinate the due diligence process, including select field visits to projects
- Build and manage relationships with strategic partners, including project developers, indigenous community organizations, technology companies, NGOs, and conservation nonprofits
Who you are:
- You prioritize building strong relationships, and enjoying the journey
- You’re kind, curious, and interested in other people’s perspectives
- You enjoy solving hard problems and learning from others along the way
- You’re inventive and excited about building something new
- You’re passionate about positively impacting the future of our planet and humanity
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Strong financial modeling experience, ideally from an investment banking, private equity, or real asset background (experience in climate is a bonus)
- Creativity and adaptability: this is an innovative and emerging asset class with meaningful project structuring flexibility
- A bachelor’s degree with studies in economics, business, or accounting (natural sciences experience is a bonus)
- A strong passion for protecting the natural world
- 3-7 years of post-undergraduate experience in banking, private equity, venture capital, management consulting, or another relevant field (title will be determined by experience)
Ethic is working toward a future where all investing is sustainable investing.
Ethic has launched a nature investing business to finance regenerative projects across a range of ecosystems, geographies, and business models. Our ultimate goal is that nature becomes an asset class which all investors own; this is the only path we see towards bridging the nature financing gap and providing nature with persistent, permanent protection. We believe nature’s ubiquity as an asset class will drive its economic value towards reflecting more of its true value.
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation at Ethic is a combination of base salary, equity (stock options) in the company, and benefits.
The annual salary range for this role is $90,000-120,000 per year.
In addition, this position is eligible for variable compensation tied to predetermined goals and key results.
Our benefits package includes;
- Medical, dental & vision insurance – premiums 100% covered by Ethic
- Unlimited paid time off
- 16-weeks of paid parental leave
- An annual wellness & education stipend
- Sponsored employee resource groups
- Regular lunch & learns and volunteering opportunities
- A fully-stocked office in lower Manhattan + the flexibility to regularly work remotely
Location: Bay Area, CA
Submit an application:
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit both a resume and a cover letter below.
Ethic values the diversity of our team and welcomes applications from all backgrounds and life experiences. In order to continuously grow a diverse team, we are taking a data-driven approach to understanding and iterating our hiring practices. Please complete the demographic survey below to support us in doing so.