Hyperframe seeks a humble, articulate, and detail-oriented Controller to oversee, execute, and explain all aspects of its accounting operations. Successful candidates will pursue a deep understanding of Hyperframe’s manufacturing operations and business strategy to develop actionable financial reporting. You will review trends, challenges, and opportunities with Hyperframe leadership on a regular basis, playing a key role in analyzing and improving the company’s decision-making. Ideal candidates exude a positive attitude and are eager to join a growing construction tech startup!
- Develop processes to itemize and track COGS over time.
- Maintain a chart of accounts that makes the P&L useful and actionable to Hyperframe leadership.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP requirements.
- Complete month-end closes including journal entries, accruals, and reconciliation of operating and balance sheet accounts.
- Perform all general accounting functions related to revenue and debt.
- Manage all general accounting functions related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, and company payroll.
- Facilitate monthly P&L reviews with Hyperframe leadership, including comparison of forecast vs. actuals.
- Manage the timely filing of all tax returns, including sales tax and corporate income tax.
- Ensure strong accounting and operational controls to safeguard assets.
Desired skills and experience:
- You are proficient in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and application of ASC 606.
- You have managed cost accounting for a manufacturing business.
- You have used a wide spectrum of ERP systems, from basic to sophisticated.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or related)
- CPAs preferred (but not required)
- 7+ years experience in corporate accounting
- You have worked for a startup.
This role is onsite with the possibility of a hybrid work schedule. Compensation to include medical, dental, and vision benefits plus stock options and 401k employer contributions.
We look forward to reviewing your resume!