Staff Software Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
About the Opportunity
Our mission is to redefine analytics, accountability and visibility within the supply chain and logistics industry. The global supply chain accounts for roughly 10% of Global GDP, and is also one of the largest contributors to significant global challenges like air pollution and food waste. By changing how organizations work together across the supply chain, we will play a critical role in tackling these challenges head on. We are a team of serial entrepreneurs who have an extensive background in building world class product, engineering, operations, and sales & marketing teams. We hope you’ll join our growth story!
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our founding engineering team to help drive technical direction across many projects. You will be responsible for architecture and technology choices that balance scalability, stability, security and costs. You will be helping our engineering team with technical decisions, process improvements and building culture we are proud of for years to come.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with product management, operations and sales to scope and lead complex technical projects with enormous impact for our users.
- Scrutinize and reason clearly about the technology and architecture choices we make in building our product. Communicate your thoughts effectively with your peers multiple time zones away.
- Serve as a role model for how great software should be written: proposal, discussion, code, documentation.
- Arbitrate critical decisions correctly by fully considering software best practices, customer needs, team’s state, and numerous other stakeholders preferences and concerns.
- Own features from start to finish: test, development, deployment, and infrastructure.
- Never stop learning. You’ll be responsible for mentoring and learning through code review process, tech talks, and many ad hoc technical conversations.
- Use your judgment to decide what areas of the codebase to invest in, when to incur technical debt, when to move fast, and when to slow down.
- Wear many hats: help with scaling our engineering team, define engineering processes, understand the logistics business, and collaborate with other functions within ISO.
- Strong technical background, including 8+ years of experience with system architecture and infrastructure. Being a Staff Engineer in the past is a huge plus.
- Experience as the technical lead for a team of engineers who can demonstrate broad technical leadership.
- Knowledge and experience with building and scaling cloud infrastructure.
- Real-world experience with PostgreSQL - debugging slow queries, identifying the culprits, and implementing improvements.
- Experience in the early-mid stages of a fast-growing company, where you had to grow with the company and iterate quickly.
Isometric Technologies (ISO) is the single source of truth for parties in the supply chain to measure the cost of doing business. By associating costs from chargebacks and service level failures to the responsible parties, we surface actionable insights that help optimize complex business relationships. Founded in 2019, ISO is a remote first company, home to 25 people, and we are looking to hire great people across the US as we continue to grow.
How we support wellness and growth:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Plan
- Remote first work, with the flexibility to maintain a healthy work/life balance
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Regular virtual employee social events (such as Movie Club, Happy hours etc)
- Annual Performance reviews
Our Core Values
1. We provide a safe space to take risks
2. We're open and honest
3. We look for new ideas everywhere
4. We bias toward action
5. We do the right thing, even when it's hard