Staff Product Strategist
We’re living at the dawn of a borderless world, but most people still don't have the tools needed to engage in critical high-trust services including everything from access to financial services, to sharing assets in peer-to-peer marketplaces, and even managing talent. At MetaMap, our work is centered on addressing this gap by building an identity data protocol that surfaces merits in the form of legal, financial, and work data. We’re energized by the unlimited potential that comes from this collective coordination, the removal of barriers to access, and the future we’re building towards — one that is interconnected and equitable. If you believe in our mission to help unlock borderless growth too, come join the MetaMap team!
About the role
The Product Strategist will focus on comprehensive market research to inform our long-term strategy and resource allocation from an R&D perspective. MetaMap operates in a complex market, with divergent needs across Geographies, Verticals, and User Personas. In order to understand these markets you will study market trends, customer needs, and competitive landscapes to align the product’s vision with the company’s business goals. This role will also be at the forefront of expanding our markets and validating new product opportunities.
- Conduct comprehensive market research to inform MetaMap's long-term strategy and guide resource allocation from an R&D perspective.
- Analyze market trends, customer needs, and competitive landscapes to align the product vision with the company's business objectives.
- Develop and maintain strategy documents and roadmaps, drawing upon insights to make actionable recommendations for future directions.
- Advise on resource allocation, using ROI assessments and strategic KPIs to align efforts with long-term vision.
- Engage with executives and stakeholders through high-level meetings and quarterly reviews to ensure alignment and buy-in.
- Identify market opportunities across different geographies, verticals, and user personas to expand MetaMap's reach and impact.
- Utilize qualitative analysis based on market trends to inform decision-making processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to address strategic, long-term challenges and opportunities.
- Support the measurement and optimisation of market share through continuous assessment of strategic KPIs.
- Lead the transition from project-based to long-term, strategic resource allocation, ensuring scalability and sustainability.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in a strategy role, preferably within tech or complex markets.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in product management, demonstrating an understanding of how products are built and shipped.
- Proven track record in market research, data analysis, and developing strategic plans.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills; comfortable presenting to and working with senior executives and stakeholders.
- Experience evaluating ROI in the context of technology products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluent in English, Spanish a plus.
- Previous experience in consulting, market research, or similar roles is highly desirable.
Who you are:
- Highly analytical and strategic
- Excellent at cross-team collaboration
- Skilled in problem-solving, with a focus on long-term challenges
- Able to prioritize and execute multiple initiatives
- Self-driven, looking to continuously learn and develop
MetaMap is building tools that power a borderless world where everyone has equal access to opportunity based on their merits. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we live by these same values, celebrate diversity, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. We are also committed to a fair and inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
We evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other legally protected class. All employment decisions including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.