Customer Field Support Leader
Motiv Power Systems
What Makes Motiv Special?
Through a radically different approach to building electric trucks that combines our own patented IP with strategic partnerships, we have developed a line of all-electric medium-duty truck and bus chassis, the Motiv EPIC platform, which are used in a range of truck and bus applications. Our next-generation power management electronics and software make it easy to integrate new technology components into new vehicles and applications.
The ideal candidate will want to be a member of the 2+ ton commercial truck EV Industry leader, with millions of current customer driven miles and tens of millions of pounds delivered in the US and Canada while reducing millions of CO2 pounds of emissions. You will be joining us at a critical inflection point in our growth, when, in addition to launching our sixth generation technology, we are significantly expanding our products, capacity and market volume.
Motiv’s core values are deep passion, curiosity, collaboration, customer focus and “owning it.” If those are values you share, we would love to talk with you about joining our team and taking your career to the next level in one of the hottest technology sectors. To succeed in this job, you must be able to perform the duties listed below – and others as required.
We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic Customer Field Support Leader to join us in transforming an industry. In this position reporting to the Director of Customer Support, you will ensure Motiv’s successful truck fleet deployments. You will work closely with Motiv’s Engineering and Manufacturing teams. You are expected to develop expertise in the operation and debugging of Motiv’s electric powertrain to independently provide top quality support and leadership in the field.
The role is customer facing, so solid customer service skills combined with exceptional 'hands on' technical ability are necessary attributes. This position is remote, to be filled in based on location and you will have primary responsibility for making sure Motiv-powered customer-deployed EVs remain ready-for-duty or return to duty ASAP, including diagnosis, customer situation assessment, solution determination, hands-on repair of issues and working with engineering to reduce future rates of failure.
- Adapt with imagination, creativity and talent to independently assess, diagnose and resolve complex customer and vehicle issues
- Maintain strong relationships with new and existing customers
- Be proficient with computer skills and be capable of learning new, cutting edge Motiv or other IP based software systems including ERP/MRP, diagnostics and advanced engineering schematics
- Influence, manage and coach team members, while providing constructive feedback for cross-functional improvements in processes and procedures
- Understand the complete vehicle at a systemic and component level in order to effectively and efficiently deliver field support activities to perform root cause analysis and troubleshoot Motiv vehicles
- Utilize remote monitoring system data for periodic log reviews, and to identify possible performance related concerns as well as to study vehicle utilization and suggest improvements
- Participate in Motiv quality programs and take an appropriate level of responsibility for quality goals and proper quality documentation of any failures
- Deliver customer driver and maintenance training in addition to technical support for sales and marketing efforts
- Travel as required for initial training and to ensure Support Team goals and customer requirements are met
- Ability to apply independent judgment to identify and resolve problems. This includes setting and prioritizing goals with minimum supervision and leading customer satisfaction with minimum vehicle downtime
- Analytical approach to problem solving, while managing multiple issues at one time and adjust to rapidly changing priorities and schedules
- Ability to translate own expertise in a practical and easily implementable way with maximum impact using the minimum of resources or formal processes
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing superior customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with a wide range of stakeholders including customers, dealerships, body builders, sales & marketing, engineering, manufacturing and supply chain
- Expected to learn and master:
- Advanced knowledge of electric mobility including components like high voltage batteries and systems like cutting edge control technology, automotive systems and troubleshooting procedures
- Understand and assess our internal operating systems using Motiv proprietary computer software
- Able to analyze complex, terabyte vehicle data logs to determine and identify issues with sub systems under challenging timelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while producing high quality output in timely manner
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- High level of accuracy; ability to work with tight schedules and ambiguity in startup environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Education and Experience:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in a technical, science or engineering field
- 3-5 years’ experience working with relevant technologies
- Experience with Controller Area Networks (CAN)
- Knowledge of high voltage electrical systems
- Strong knowledge of automotive product development systems and design disciplines
- Excellent written & oral communication skills – ability to present to wider audiences
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- $63,000.00 - $113,000.00 CAD (Salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and training.)
This position is based on location.
Candidates only please; no recruiters.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive and comprehensive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Dental, Vision, HSA, Health & Dependent Care FSA, 401(k) with company match, company paid Basic Life and AD&D, employee paid Voluntary Life and AD&D.
- Generous PTO policy, 11 Paid Company Holidays
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) and Education Reimbursement
- Fresh daily snacks and a healthy Work/Life Balance
- Access to Perks at Work - Discounted learning, tickets, electronics, travel, health, restaurants & retail.
- Free Online Training & Development
- Bicycle friendly, with bike storage available to all Foster City employees with a 5 minute walk to the scenic Bay Front.
- Regular Happy Hours, Company Cultural Events, and more!
Motiv Power Systems is the medium-duty commercial electric vehicle (EV) leader that frees fleets from fossil fuels. Founded in 2009, the Bay Area-based, commercial EV company draws on 14 years of experience to create accessible, cost-effective, and innovative EV technology for organizations that are the backbone of the economy.
Motiv has more than 150 all-electric trucks and buses on the road with businesses of all sizes, across a broad spectrum of industries, including linen, parcel, food, hospitality, airports, higher education, pupil transportation, and more. Motiv vehicles operate at over 98 percent uptime, and have logged more than two million miles, while also offering fleets up to 85 percent operation and maintenance cost savings. Motiv’s proven EV technology provides operators with a healthier, smoother, and more profitable driving experience.
Something looks off?