Director of Brand Marketing
Motiv Power Systems
What Makes Motiv Special?
Through a radically different approach to building electric trucks that combines our own patented IP with strategic partnerships, we have developed a line of all-electric medium-duty trucks and buses used in a range of applications. Our next-generation electric truck, the Argo, is coming out in 2024.
The ideal candidate will want to be part of the team leading the commercial electric truck industry. Our trucks and buses have logged millions of customer-driven miles and tens of millions of pounds delivered in the US and Canada while reducing millions of pounds of CO2 emissions. You will be joining us at a critical inflection point in our growth, when, in addition to launching our Argo truck, we are significantly expanding our products, capacity and market volume.
Motiv’s core values are deep passion, curiosity, collaboration, customer focus and “owning it.” If those are values you share, we would love to talk with you about joining our team and taking your career to the next level in one of the hottest technology sectors. To succeed in this job, you must be able to perform the duties listed below – and others as required.
Motiv is looking for a skilled and experienced Director of Brand Marketing to lead all Marketing initiatives for the company. The ideal candidate possesses extensive knowledge of different facets of digital marketing, including SEO, content marketing, PPC advertising, social media marketing, and other marketing channels, as well as expertise in defining and evolving brand identities, including logo design, typography, color schemes, and visual style guides. We are also looking for someone who has the flexibility to respond to changing market dynamics, customer preferences, and emerging trends, and the ability to pivot branding strategies accordingly. This position is based out of our Foster City headquarters and reports to the Chief Technology and Revenue Officer.
- Yes - Strong and proven experience hiring great people and managing and developing the capabilities of a team.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the implementation of marketing activities to maximize sales of the Motiv brand.
- Develop and use marketing reports to evaluate brand performance, brand competitiveness, and product trends in the marketplace and develop marketing strategies for Motiv’s brand.
- Evaluate internal marketing metrics to determine the effectiveness of the campaign or strategy.
- Direct the development, curation, and deployment of marketing content and identify effective sales channels.
- Coordinate with outside departments to develop the project schedule and ensure the marketing message is accurately reflected within the campaign.
- Ensure product and brand practices and initiatives align with greater organizational strategy and direction.
- Manage PR to align with marketing objectives
- Evaluation and tracking of competitive landscape, with feedback into Motiv strategy
- Evaluation and tracking of the latest marketing research, brand tactics, and industry trends, with feedback into Motiv strategy
- Responsible for planning product launches, developing and managing to a budget, and creating and running overall and individual Marketing campaigns.
- Expectation of travel to trade shows, quarterly meetings and other job related events. Estimated travel 20% of the year.
- Experience developing crisis communication strategies and protocols ahead of needing them; then implementing if/when needed
- Experience building and telling narratives as well as reporting and presenting data-driven results and outcomes.
- Strong leadership and people management experience, especially in growing and developing teams.
- Experience in the development of thought leadership within an emerging industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred; Masters in Marketing preferred, MBA ideal.
- 8+ years of experience in planning and executing multichannel marketing campaigns across various channels, including print, TV, radio, online, and social media.
- Understanding of graphic design principles, creative direction, and the ability to provide guidance to design teams for brand assets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey the brand's vision, messaging, and strategy clearly to internal teams, stakeholders, and the public.
- Deep understanding of marketing and design tools/programs, such as Google Analytics, Figma, Hootsuite, HubSpot, Microsoft Suite, and similar platforms.
- Expertise in adapting branding strategies for different North American markets, considering cultural nuances and localization.
- Strategic mindset with strong analytical skills, especially when it comes to making sense of large amounts of marketing and customer data.
- Understanding of intellectual property laws, trademark regulations, and compliance requirements to protect the brand.
- Familiarity with advertising strategies, media planning, and negotiation skills for securing favorable ad placements.
- Strong networking skills to build and maintain relationships with industry influencers, partners, and stakeholders that can support the brand's objectives.
- Awareness of cultural diversity and the ability to adapt branding strategies to resonate with different demographics and markets.
- The ability to inspire and lead a team of marketing professionals, providing clear direction, setting expectations, and fostering a collaborative and motivated work environment.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving to develop innovative branding strategies, campaigns, and messaging that resonate with target audiences.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- $224,000.00-245,000.00 (Salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant training.)
This is a full-time, regular position based in Foster City, CA.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive and comprehensive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Dental, Vision, HSA, Health & Dependent Care FSA, 401(k) with company match, company paid Basic Life and AD&D, employee paid Voluntary Life and AD&D.
- Generous PTO policy, 11 Paid Company Holidays
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) and Education Reimbursement
- Fresh daily snacks and a healthy Work/Life Balance
- Access to Perks at Work - Discounted learning, tickets, electronics, travel, health, restaurants & retail.
- Free Online Training & Development
- Bicycle friendly, with bike storage available to all Foster City employees with a 5 minute walk to the scenic Bay Front.
- Regular Happy Hours, Company Cultural Events, and more!
Motiv Power Systems is the medium-duty commercial electric vehicle (EV) leader that Frees Fleets From Fossil Fuels. Founded in 2009, the Bay Area-based, commercial EV company draws on 15 years of experience to create accessible, cost-effective, and innovative electric trucks and buses for organizations that are the backbone of the economy.
Motiv has more than 150 all-electric trucks and buses on the road with businesses of all sizes, across a broad spectrum of industries, including linen, parcel, food, hospitality, airports, higher education, pupil transportation, and more. Motiv vehicles operate at over 98 percent uptime, and have logged more than three million miles, while also offering fleets up to 85 percent operation and maintenance cost savings. Motiv’s proven EV technology provides operators with a healthier, smoother, and more profitable driving experience.