Who is Optera?
We build software to help the world’s largest companies stop climate change. Our market-leading products provide companies with the tools and insight they need to reduce the environmental impacts of their businesses, supply chains, and products. We are backed by some of the most respected US-based venture capital firms and have a robust client list, including leading Fortune 500 companies such as Dell, Cisco, HPE, Williams-Sonoma, and Target.
What problem are we solving?
In short, Optera is the data solution to stop climate change. Major corporations are the largest source of carbon emissions. Across the globe, companies are responding to pressure to address climate change by setting goals to aggressively reduce emissions by 2050. Our software enables corporate teams to collect, manage, and analyze emissions data across their operations, supply chain, and products, all with the aim of achieving their goals and halting Climate Change.
Why work at Optera?
Our team dedicates our skills, talents, and time to make the world a more sustainable place for future generations. We have a collaborative and dynamic culture where everyone plays a critical role and has room to learn and grow. Balance between work and life is key to our success, and we provide our teammates the flexibility, space, and support to thrive personally and professionally.
Why this opportunity?
Optera is growing faster than ever and we are rapidly expanding our market leading product and services. We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer (SDET) to directly impact our business by maintaining a high bar for quality of our software and product lines. Join us on our journey to deliver the best sustainability management software in the world. This role will be reporting into the VP, Engineering.
The role and responsibilities
- Define and document test plans and data sets for validating product functionality
- Designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions.
- Review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
- Coordinate / execute product functionality testing throughout software development lifecycle to identify deficiencies
- Collaborate with other stakeholders on defining automated regression testing frameworks
- Develop understanding of user expectations and needs bringing their voice to the product development process.
- Participate in Agile processes
- Build out lasting QA processes to enable scalability
- Reports into VP, Engineering
- Strong quality sense and experience working closely with engineering and product teams
- Excellent communication skill
- Attention to detail and ability to provide cursory troubleshooting of issues in web applications
- Experience testing throughout all phases of the development cycle – from initial internal MVP to wide scale customer launch
- Strong product intuition and user empathy
- Excitement for scaling solutions to help stop climate change
- Interest in developing the culture of QA collaboration for growing software company
- Strong understanding of web application fundamentals
- Expert in Low Code / No code testing systems
- Lead and manage test plans, test data, test cases, and automated tests
- Experience in a QA function at a web development company
- Experience in defining, deploying, and executing test plans
- Experience working cross functionally
- Familiarity with bug reporting systems like Jira
Nice to have
- Previous experience working with products that manage complex datasets
- Knowledge of the ESG industry
- Previous experience at early stage startups
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Optera is committed to creating a diverse environment that is safe and welcoming to all. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We take this very seriously and expect that you do too.
- Unrestricted PTO flexible work schedule
- Every other Friday off
- Health insurance including dental and vision
- Short and Long term Disability Insurance
- 16 weeks maternity / paternity leave (12 weeks paid + 4 weeks unpaid)
- Wellness budget
- Budget for home / office workstation
- Professional development budget
- 401k with 4% company match and ESG investment options
- Company-wide Bonus program
- Colorado Eco-pass (regional bus pass)
- Team happy hours, hikes / bike rides, and ping-pong
Location: Boulder, CO preferred; Remote (US or Canada) considered
Base Salary: $100,000 – $130,000 USD plus bonus / $126,000 -$155,000 CAD plus bonus
How to Apply
Please send a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “QA Engineer – [Your Name].”