Chief Technology Officer
Specifx Data, Inc. specializes in on-demand data enrichment and metadata retrieval for the HVAC industry.
Requiring only a model and serial number from an HVAC asset, our proprietary technology can decode complex alphanumeric nomenclature to instantly provide 30+ essential attributes spanning specifications, features, and performance levels – whether for a single asset or thousands at a time. Our unique capability also extends to detecting and repairing syntax and semantical errors to model and serial numbers – a barrier to fetching metadata at a consistently high level.
Primarily targeting owners, occupiers, investors, and servicers of large, distributed real estate portfolios, our proprietary technology delivers visibility, context, and insights into the entire HVAC asset portfolio – helping organizations understand and optimize their HVAC investments and carbon footprint at enterprise scale. Democratizing asset-level intelligence for our key user segments and consistently, efficiently providing structured, accurate information, we believe we can drive transformational outcomes that reduce the impacts of climate change.
Our mission is to transform the HVAC data acquisition and solutioning experience for owners, occupiers, investors, and service providers of commercial real estate – reducing the effort to acquire essential information for day-to-day operations while supporting strategic, enterprise-scale scenario planning for HVAC investment and decarbonization initiatives. We are launching our core product “Decoder” in early 2Q23 with three additional, products to follow, all of which leverage our unique, foundational capability to batch decode HVAC assets at enterprise scale.
At Specifx Data, we’re nimble and growing – it’s why we love our company. The job description below is intended to provide a basic framework for our needs, but given the forward-looking nature and potential growth vectors of our business, we anticipate that this is only a starting point.
We believe that the CTO is critical to our future success and we are seeking a thought partner that can help us creatively solve problems, architect solutions that anticipate growth and evolution, and help us execute at a world-class level. As one of the first and only data science companies in the HVAC industry, we are poised to disrupt and redefine a large, antiquated marketplace through digitization and automation. The ideal CTO candidate can strike balance to: a) increase the velocity of bringing our products to life; b) do so in a forward-thinking manner that supports scaling and growth; and c) is “constructively dissatisfied”, seeking to implement cutting edge techniques that optimize our current approach.
Given we are currently a small team with huge aspirations and objectives, the ideal CTO candidate must also be very hands on – acting in the capacity of a player / coach that may span code development, management of software engineering team, architecture design, research and development, compliance infrastructure, and participation in technical, customer-facing moments. The strongest candidates will also have demonstrated track records as effective people managers, tracking progress and supporting growth of direct reports and contractor partners.
- Expert in API design and deployment with modern approaches including Next.js, Node.js, GO, etc.
- Familiarity with relational databases such as FileMaker (experience / fluency highly desirable).
- Expert with non-relational databases such as MongoDB.
- Expert in user management and authentication systems such as Auth0.
- Experience deploying payment system integrations such as Paddle and/or Stripe.
- Experience integrating customer support ticketing and management.Specifx provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Chief Technology Officer
- Experience developing cutting-edge approaches underpinned by AI / machine learning.
- Experience designing secure, stable, scalable solutions across full stack.
- Exceptional communicator and able to proactively, clearly, concisely, and consistently provide information toother business leaders that drive decision-making and demonstrate progress towards our larger business objectives.Qualifications
- Previously built SaaS businesses (preferably B2B).
- Demonstrated track record of successful product launch(es) with scaled adoption.
- Experience managing multiple direct reports in a fast-paced, remote environment (with examples of progressiveexperience and/or promotion).
- Demonstrated track record and passion for documentation and reporting.Our annual pay range starts at $200,000. All-in compensation packages will be negotiated with candidates based on discipline and prior experience.
Specifx provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.