Director of Marketing
Company Overview: Sustainment is an enterprise software platform. Our software enables US-based manufacturers to confidently build and manage vetted domestic supplier networks, with modern tools to find, communicate, collaborate with, and manage qualified manufacturing suppliers. Our vision is to reimagine the American manufacturing base as a hyperconnected, secure, and resilient ecosystem of local and regional suppliers who can more easily interact and transact with the government and industry organizations that rely on them. As a public benefit corporation, we are committed to a mission-driven approach that will enable continued success for American industry
Job Overview: We are looking for a Marketing Director to join our company and help build a high-performing user acquisition strategy to drive customer growth on our platform. The Director of Marketing will lead our customer acquisition efforts, while scaling the business, and elevating brand awareness of Sustainment as a best-in-class platform for domestic manufacturing supply chain management. They will oversee the optimization of current acquisition efforts while expanding the breadth/ depth of our marketing programs. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact by spearheading growth initiatives in a fast-moving VC-backed company who is working on an important mission.
What you’ll work on:
- Develop and oversee a holistic growth charter for product-led growth initiatives into small, medium, and large manufacturers.
- Oversee the entire user acquisition funnel from strategy through to execution to accomplish growth goals, deploying, managing, and optimizing marketing strategy across direct marketing, search (SEO/PPC), events, advertising, and any other programs and campaigns deemed necessary.
- Test new initiatives across the customer journey to optimize acquisition and engagement, including non-linear touch-points across marketing channels, product, and partnerships
- Analyze, monitor, and continually improve campaign performance using relevant OKRs, providing data-driven insights to guide decision-making and future strategies
- Partner across functions such as product, sales, and engineering to drive outstanding user experiences and improve our marketing reach and efficiency
- Source and manage the development of content and assets for use in demand generation to enhance the brand
- Guide and manage the development of the internal marketing stack and other marketing tools necessary to execute on demand generation.
- Build and maintain relationships with external partners to optimize campaign effectiveness
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies to ensure continuous growth and innovation within our marketing efforts
Your areas of expertise:
- 5+ years of Growth marketing (3+ years as a leader) with experience in B2B SaaS space, as well as successful, rapid-growth businesses in the 50-500 employee phase of business
- Experience marketing to the manufacturing (preferred) or industrial sector
- Product-led growth experience
- Highly effective communicator and collaborator
- Ability to take ownership and understand the full business funnel and how decisions impact the business and the bottom line
- Confident in experiment design, with a test and iterate mentality
- A proven track record of performance optimization and partnering with cross-functional teams
- Strong track record of proven and documented success in driving user growth, engagement, and retention through innovative marketing strategies
- Deep understanding of various acquisition channels
- Willingness to dive into the weeds and be a scrappy problem solver particularly in environments where data may be less than perfect
Sustainment offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, company holidays, and 401K matching.
Sustainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Sustainment participates in E-Verify.