Director, Construction Management
Wunder is building a Modern Energy Company.
We were founded with one simple vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by accelerating the deployment of solar energy. In doing so, we help businesses, municipalities, and schools save money by delivering clean on-site power. We convert simple warehouses into electrified industrial platforms built for the future. We enable the nation’s leading commercial and industrial real estate firms to capture the benefits of solar across their properties. We align ESG goals with revenue targets, and the renewable energy assets we’re deploying today will power America’s tomorrow.
Wunder currently holds more than $1 billion in solar assets under management and capital commitments. Our team has evaluated more than 10,000 properties for solar across all 50 states. Our average solar system—about 480 kilowatts in size—can offset 350,000 pounds of coal burned each year of system operation!
In this role, you will oversee the construction of commercial-scale solar projects nationwide. You’ll be responsible for managing the construction process for a portfolio of solar projects across all construction milestones, from NTP to Final Acceptance. You’ll go beyond a traditional development role as you will also bring standardization into the untapped sub-megawatt commercial and industrial market by leveraging Wunder’s industry-leading technology platform.
Specifically, you’ll collaborate internally across all departments to ensure projects are constructed on-time and on-budget, while maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety. You will lead the charge in partnering with and managing our Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) partners and vendors. Additionally, you will develop and continuously improve robust processes and systems that drive growth, profitability, and repeatability.
If you get excited about unlocking the untapped commercial and industrial market, joining a team designed for hyper-growth, and building an organization aimed at saving the world, then this is the role for you.
Construction Management Experience - You have 5–10+ years of managing complex construction projects and have a proven track record of coordinating with internal teams, subcontractors, and vendors to ensure timely project execution and delivery. You’ve managed multiple projects concurrently and enjoy taking the initiative to reduce risk and get ahead of problems before they impact project timelines or budgets. No stone is ever left unturned during your planning and execution.
You’re Detail-Oriented & Organized - You’re meticulous and take a “zero defect” approach to problem solving and deliverables. You go the extra mile to ensure all the details to achieve milestones are taken care of on time and on budget, while ensuring compliance with all safety regulations and industry standards.
You’re Customer Oriented - You have a demonstrated ability to deliver a high-quality customer experience, ensuring that every stakeholder involved knows what’s happening, why it’s happening, and when it needs to be done.
You’re a Strategic Thinker & Quantitative - You’re able to think quantitatively about project economics and timelines in order to make decisions about what maximizes value for clients while minimizing risk for Wunder. You are able to identify and mitigate risks and implement corrective actions as necessary.
You’re an Excellent Communicator - You are an effective communicator, regardless of audience. You can shift seamlessly between communicating with internal stakeholders from project owners to senior management, construction partners, financing partners, and clients, ensuring clear and concise project updates.
You Have a Team Ethos - You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced rapid-growth environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re not just excited to work cross-functionally, you crave it.
- You’re Flexible, a Quick Responder - The problem we’re trying to solve as an organization is dynamic and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. You can react quickly and efficiently when called upon to change or pivot.
- You Believe That No Problem is Too Hard - In an industry where people are constantly stuck, we find ways to get it done. You know how to articulate and roll out solutions, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem. You find new and effective ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency.
Located in Boulder or Denver, CO - Candidates must currently live in, or be willing to relocate to, the Boulder/Denver area. You are also comfortable with traveling to project sites approximately 25% of the time.
Some Benefits To Look Forward To
Wunder provides one of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the planet - and that’s hard work! Your job impacts nearly every facet of your life, so we provide an extensive compensation and benefits package to ensure Wunder has a positive impact on your life, both personally and professionally.
Salary & Equity
The base salary range for this role is $115,000 - $245,000 per year, plus equity in the form of stock options. Wunder determines the successful candidate's compensation package throughout the interview process based on experience and expertise, and the final compensation package will be discussed with the candidate during the final stages of the interview process.
Benefits & PTO
Wunder truly cares about your happiness and well-being, so we strive to ensure our benefits offerings are of top quality. We offer the following benefits to all team members:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental & vision insurance for all team members
- 50% employer-paid medical, dental & vision insurance for dependents
- Employer-paid short-term disability, long-term disability & life insurance
- 401k Matching (50% match up to 4% of your base salary)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Dependent Care FSA
- Up to 14 weeks fully paid Parental Leave for childbearing parents; 6 weeks fully paid Parental Leave for non-childbearing parents
- 11 paid holidays & unlimited PTO
Wunder believes connecting with your team members is instrumental to job satisfaction and your ability to solve complex problems. As a hybrid organization, facilitating opportunities that support team cohesion is more important than ever! You’ll find our hybrid team taking coffee walks or collaborating on Zoom, while also cycling, hiking, climbing, skiing, camping, and dining all over our mile-high home: Colorado. Here are some of the ways we facilitate a flexible yet cohesive work environment:
- A big, bright, modern office located in Downtown Boulder; in-office meals and a fully stocked kitchen
- Commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion through company principles, programs, and events (see below for even more details)
- In-person & virtual events, team offsites, and company retreats
- Annual professional development budget and unlimited book budget
- And so much more!
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI)
Wunder is focused on providing a happy, productive workplace, and we’re constantly improving it! We’re committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace in which all team members have an opportunity to contribute to the success of our mission. At Wunder, people are valued for their skills, experiences, and diverse perspectives, and we encourage all individuals to apply, even if they don’t check every box in the ‘About You’ section above.
Our commitment to equity is embodied in company policy, but it’s also evident every day in how we conduct business and the internal initiatives and programs we provide for our team. Here are some of the ways we strive to ensure everyone feels welcome, safe and free to be themselves at Wunder:
- A holistic, actionable DEI learning strategy that enables all team members to advance inclusivity in a meaningful way
- Inclusive, objective recruiting processes and partnerships with diverse candidate pools & organizations
- Monthly Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), events and initiatives focused on inclusivity
- Equitable Compensation Principles that ensure every team member is paid fairly and equitably
- An environment that values feedback, active listening, flexibility and open communication
An environment that values feedback, active listening, flexibility and open communication