Utility Relations Project Manager
Electric Era Technologies
Electric Era was founded to revolutionize the world's electric vehicle charging infrastructure. We have developed PowerNode, a high performance and autonomous EV fast charging station that can be deployed anywhere on the grid to provide the necessary charging infrastructure innovation needed for the affordable and timely electrification of transportation. Electric Era is building the future of car refill for the next generation of drivers.
Electric Era is hiring a Utility Relations Specialist to join our team as we rapidly deploy DC Fast Charging stations nationwide. In this critical role, you will be responsible for leading and managing several utility interconnection projects at a time, with a direct impact on project and customer success. You will be joining a lean, agile Implementation team that is incredibly fast paced and laser focused on innovative site design, smooth site implementation, and high station reliability.
- Forge relationships with new utility partners and drive collaboration
- Own and manage initial site assessment, utility design layout and costing
- Develop and apply innovative solutions to the challenges of interconnection related to DC fast charging site implementation.
- Develop and drive continuous improvement of the processes and procedures associated with utility project management.
- Support the Sales and Government Affairs teams in delivering utility specific designs on pipeline projects.
- Manage and drive processes to ensure rebate and funding deadlines are met.
- Build and manage schedules, timelines and projects costs.
- Initiate and manage project documents including right of way agreements, building and zoning approvals, interconnection and funding applications.
- Make consequential real-time design decisions and adapt quickly to any previously unknown field conditions.
- Lead high levels of action and impact surrounding battery and interconnection designs and conversations.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Experience creating new utility or jurisdictional relationships and managing collaborative growth
- Knowledge of industry design standards and the ability to think creatively around utility interconnection and physical hardware implementations.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience with DC fast charging, battery energy storage site design and implementation, or similar experience with large scale hardware national rollouts
- The ability to make an immediate impact in regards to streamlined EV charging station site designs.
- Strong background in vendor and external team management with strong leadership & organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a passion for taking on multiple roles in a lean team environment with high levels of ownership and the ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.