Grants and Proposals Manager, Government Affairs
Electric Era Technologies
With the growing adoption of EVs, Electric Era’s customers are eager to secure funding to help offset the cost of installing or operating our EV charging stations, and we want to help them!
Electric Era’s Government Affairs team is seeking a Grants and Proposals Manager to help project manage and draft submissions to secure government grants and utility incentives on behalf of Electric Era’s customers – and, in turn, help accelerate Electric Era’s footprint and the electrification of our transportation sector.
Responsibilities would include:
- project-managing proposals and applications by liaising with internal teams, with our customers, and with government agencies and utilities to ensure complete, competitive, and timely submissions;
- drafting and editing high-quality proposals and applications;
- helping to monitor and track government grant programs and utility incentive programs that are relevant for our customers;
- monitoring and tracking the status of submitted proposals/applications;
- assisting the team with outreach to – and developing relationships with – government agencies and utilities;
- assisting the team with site analysis (i.e. GIS); and
- ultimately, helping to secure government funding or utility incentives for Electric Era customers.
The Grants and Proposals Manager will require working closely with Government Affairs team members and cross-functionally, including our business development, engineering, and site implementation teams; collaborating well with our customers, public agencies, utilities, and other external stakeholders; and being capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
The ideal candidate has:
- 2+ years of full-time professional experience;
- experience or background in the public sector, utility/energy, transportation/mobility, communications/journalism, etc.
- experience drafting or managing complex proposals/RFPs/solicitations/tenders;
- impeccable writing skills;
- detail-oriented, ownership mindset;
- competitive spirit (these funding programs are very competitive!);
- ability to juggle multiple proposals at once and to work in a fast-moving startup environment;
- ability to understand and convey technical information; and
- GIS skills.